June 7, 2010

Why?

6:30 am, a nice pleasant music plays and the dream is over.

The first thing I do even before I wake up is reach for my BlackBerry. No wonder my right eye is stronger than my left.

Throughout the day I communicate with dozens of people for work and for fun, mostly via electronic devices.

I IM with my friends, email with my colleagues, Skype with my parents, whiteness lives of some people I hardly know unfold on Facebook, once I have been broken up with via a text message.

I’m in touch with more people than I could ever imagine being in touch with.

What a great progress in communications.

But at the same time how much has been lost in translation, how much misunderstanding and confusion has been created?

More and more gadgets, apps and websites appear every day to help us communicate and I find it fascinating. So I want to devote this blog to looking at how technology transforms the way humans interact with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment